For those family and friends that literally cannot handle these spring beauties, here are some close images for your enjoyment. Lean in and take a close look at a few naturalized Narcissus, aka daffodils, in my garden. So far, they do not annoy this otherwise allergy ridden photographer.
“Although beautiful, daffodils have resulted in severe allergic problems, including death. Symptoms have included allergic rhinoconjunctivitis, asthma, allergic contact dermatitis, irritant contact dermatitis (from contact with narcissus sap) and urticaria. Most patients affected work in the flower industry (bulb growers, stem pickers or florists) but there are reports of reactions from contact with narcissus oil used in perfumes and fragrances. Narcissus contains a number of alkaloids including masonin and homolycorin. These, in conjunction with crystals of calcium oxalate seem to cause the characteristic sores.” Information from: http://www.dermnetnz.org/dermatitis/plants/daffodil.html